Looking for a previous post? Below are all of our published blog posts. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, contact us.
- Thank You -
- Workforce Development for the Future - July 11, 2016 Submitted by Michael McKelvy, Sr. Consultant, Workforce Matters Workforce Development for the Future As I am writing this blog and thinking about the future of workforce development, I am going through my own employment transition. I am being re assigned with my current employer and it is making me reexamine myself. I … Continue reading Workforce Development for the Future
- Continuing Workforce Education? - March 30, 2016 Submitted by Michael McKelvy Continuing Workforce Education? Recently, I was listening to a news channel and overheard them mention job training and education for the future. One of the observations mentioned was the model for high school education where college might not be valid anymore. Some of the reasons for a … Continue reading Continuing Workforce Education?
- HOW TO UNDERSTAND CULTURAL DIFFERENCES WHEN IT COMES TO THE USE OF TIME - HOW TO UNDERSTAND CULTURAL DIFFERENCES WHEN IT COMES TO THE USE OF TIME BY: Sheila Rosenberg, Ph.D. For: Workforce Matters Date: March 1, 2016 We all know people who have differences in time preferences from our own like the person who is always late to meetings or the person whose plans … Continue reading HOW TO UNDERSTAND CULTURAL DIFFERENCES WHEN IT COMES TO THE USE OF TIME
- Are Your SMART Goals Really Smart? - February 1, 2016 Submitted by Dazzie McKelvy, Workforce Matters CEO Are Your SMART Goals Really Smart? A system of setting goals is not a new invention! Many people have adapted the system over the years. One of the most original sources of the information is Effective Project Planning and Management by W. Alan Randolph … Continue reading Are Your SMART Goals Really Smart?
- Sustainability It’s Not Only About Money - December 15, 2015 Submitted by Dazzie McKelvy, Workforce Matters CEO Sustainability It’s Not Only About Money It’s that time of year when most nonprofit organizations are making their end of year pitch for donations. Many workforce development programs and nonprofit organizations almost exclusively think about money and how to get more of it. They … Continue reading Sustainability It’s Not Only About Money
“Developing skills is as important as training. A larger effort is needed to create a skilled workforce with employment potential.” — Pallam Raju